Speakout Advanced p 21. Wishes and Regrets. Extra Key Word Transformations

Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. Do not change the word given. You must use between three and eight words, including the word given.

1. Pauline doesn’t want to be given a main part in the school play. rather

Pauline ………………..a main part in the school play.

2. We didn’t get to meet the Minister and that was a great shame. only

If………………………to meet the Minister!

3. Why don’t they stop making so much noise downstairs? wish

I………………………. making so much noise downstairs!

4. What a shame I didn’t see his face when you told me the news. could

I wish…………………. his face when you told me the news.

5.Don’t you think they should bring out a new version of MatchPlayer? about

Don’t you think it’s………………….. out a new version of MatchPlayer?

6. I only knew about the meeting because Cynthia rang me. if

I wouldn’t have known about the meeting………………….me.



KEY

1. would rather not be given



2. only we had got/ we had only got



3. wish they'd stop



4. I could have seen



5. about time they brought



6. if Cynthia hadn't rung

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.