Speakout Advanced p 9. Stative and Dynamic Verbs. Extra Key Word Transformations


3 Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using one of the words in bold. Do not change the word in bold.
1.      Charles and his father are exactly alike in appearance.
looks/looking
Charles ______________________________ his father.
2.      Take all your possessions and walk slowly to the exit.
belongs/belongings
Take everything ______________________________ and walk slowly to the exit.
3.      I’m finding it really enjoyable to work here.
enjoy/enjoying
I ______________________________ here.
4.      I take work home regularly because of my new responsibility at work.
means/meaning
My new responsibility at work ______________________________ work home regularly.
5.      In my cycling group there’s George, Tom, Harry and me.
consists/consisting
My ______________________________ George, Tom, Harry and me.
6.      In your opinion, who’s going to win the Cup?
think/thinking
Who do ______________________________ win the Cup?
7.      I’m seeing how wide the door is.
measure/measuring
I ______________________________ the door.
8.      Neil always forgets his wife’s birthday.
remembers/remembering
Neil ______________________________ his wife’s birthday.
9.      Its ability to catch fish is the key to the polar bear’s survival.
depends/depending
The polar bear’s ______________________________ to catch fish.
10.  What’s on your mind at the moment?
think/thinking
What ______________________________ at the moment?

KEY

1) looks just/exactly like 
 
 
 
2) that belongs to you 
 
 
 
3) am really enjoying working 
 
 
 
4) means I take 
 
 
 
5) cycling group consists of 
 
 
 
6) you think is going to 
 
 
 
7) I am measuring (the width of) 
 
 
 
 
8) never remembers 
 
 
 
9) survival depends on its ability 
 
 
 
10) are you thinking about 




You will find the exercise HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.