Circle the correct word or phrase. If both are correct, circle both.
1. All of my friends have got mobiles. I wish I have / had one too!
2. Don’t you sometimes wish you ran / were running this company?
3. If only we didn't leave / hadn't left the map at home!
4. If only we don't / didn't have to go to school tomorrow!
5. I do wish the bus came / would come. I'm going to be late.
6. Do you ever wish that you sang / could sing really well?
7. There’s only really one thing I regret. I wish I could go / have gone to university but of course, in those days, it just wasn't possible.
8. Excuse me, I wish I spoke / to speak to the person in charge.
9. I wish / hope it snows tomorrow!
10. Why on earth does Geoffrey wish he would be given / they would give him a knighthood?
11. Well, I don't think it's a very sensible business venture, but I do wish you luck / lucky.
12. My grandfather always wished that he was / had been taller.
13. If only you were / you'd been watching Thomas instead of checking your e-mail. He wouldn't have fallen off the slide then.
14. I do wish the taxi driver didn't go / wasn't going so slowly. We're never going to get there!
15. If only Peggy wasn't / hadn't been sent off. I'm sure we'd have won the match.
2. ran/ were running
3. hadn't left
5. would come
6. sang/ could sing
7. have gone
8. to speak
10. they would give him
12. was/ had been
13. you'd been
14. wasn't going
15. hadn't been