Complete the sentences using prompts. There may be more than one possible answer.
1. If I hadn’t gone to the USA, I ______________________ (never/meet) my husband.
2. If only we’d known about the spare key, we ___________________ (not/have to/call) the police.
3. Supposing you’d been in my shoes, what _________________ (you/do) when he called to say sorry!
4. Had we realised that the interview had started, we _______________ (not/just/go) into the room without knocking.
5. But for Patrizia, we ____________________ (never/find) the stadium. We’d still be wandering the streets.
6. If she’d stayed in her last job, she _______________ (probably/be) successful by now.
7. He regretted ____________________ (not/go) to university when he had the chance to.
8. Of course that’s what we should do. If only we _________________ (think) of it before!
9. I wouldn’t have booked tickets for the concert if I _________________ (realise/you/already/do) it.
10. It’s hard to imagine what life would have been like if we _______________________ (never/have) children.
1. would never have met / would have never met
2. wouldn’t have had to call
3. would you have done
4. wouldn’t have just gone
5. would never have found / would have never found
6. would probably be / would probably have been
7. not going / not having gone
8. ‘d thought
10. ‘d never had