Monday, 21 October 2013
Speakout Advanced p 21. Conditionals. Speaking
A. Have a natural conversation with your partner
1. Talk about the pictures relating them to the topic.
2. What happened if you did something wrong when you were a kid?
3. What do you do if you don't feel comfortable with a topic that is being discussed or with inquisitive questions targeted at you?
4. What will you do if you should happen to pass all your exams at the end of this academic year?
5. Should you happen to meet an old flame at a party, what may you do ?
6. Should you oversleep the next time you have something important to do first thing in the morning, what might you do ?
7. What will you do if you happen to be caught in a traffic jam and not be able to come to class?
8. What may happen unless governments act now?
9. In the event of another economic downturn, what should be done differently?
10. What would happen if scientists were to find a cure for AIDS and cancer?
11. If all students were to go to university, what could happen?
12. Were you to find out your partner is cheating on you, what would you do?
13. Were you to get an awful Christmas present from your mother-in-law, would you tell her how you felt about it?
14. Were you to be called names in front of a large number of people, what might you do?
15. Think of an important person in your life. Were it not for this person, what couldn't you have done?
16. What would you have done if you hadn’t come here today?
17. Had you not decided to learn English, how might your life be different?
1. Had it not been for a lack of time, what could you have done this week?
2. Suppose you had been born a member of the opposite sex, in what ways would your life be different now?
3. What if you had always followed your parents’ advice, might you have been more successful?
1. Imagine you had won the lottery recently, what changes would have taken place in your life?
2. Assuming that you had found 500 Euros on your way here today, what would you have done?
3. If you had been given a return ticket to travel back in time, what historical period would you have chosen? Why?