Tuesday, 15 October 2013
Speakout Advanced p 15. Speculating. Key Word Transformations
Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given.
1. I guess she’s a bit lonely.
It _____________________________________ alone.
2. It looks as though he’s very angry.
He _____________________________________ furious.
3. I think she’s probably an actress.
I ______________________________________ female performer.
4. If you asked me, I’d say she was happy with her life.
If I had to _______________________________ life story.
5. I’d definitely say that he’s not telling us everything.
I _______________________________________ all the truth.
6. I think she could be an only child.
I __________________________________________ child
1. It seems to me that she’s a bit alone.
2. He gives the impression of being furious.
3. I reckon she’s probably a female performer.
4. If I had to make a guess, I’d say she was happy with her life story.
5. I’m pretty sure he’s not telling us all the truth.
6. I’d hazard a guess that she’s an only child.