Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. Do not change the word given.
1. I waited for him until 6.30 and then gave up.
I waited for him until 6.30, ________________________________ gave up.
2. We suggested a lot of things, which were all rejected.
Everything ___________________________________________ rejected.
3. If anyone can understand this application form, they are cleverer than I am.
Anyone ____________________________________ cleverer than I am.
4. I won’t tell you this again, you naughty boy.
This _________________________________ tell you, you naughty boy.
5. The whole summer was sunny and warm, for a change.
The whole summer was sunny and warm, _______________________ nice change.
6. I don’t really approve of his proposal.
I don’t really approve of ________________________________ proposing.
7. The police never caught the culprit.
The police never caught _________________________________ the crime.
8. I have read all of her books but one.
There is only ______________________________________ I have not read.
9. I can’t remember the last heavy rain.
I can’t remember ________________________________________ heavily.
10. Do you get on with your next-door neighbour?
Do you get on with ________________________________ lives next door?
1. at which point I
2. we suggested was
3. who can understand this application form is
4. is the last time I will
5. which made a
6. what he is
7. the person who (had) committed
8. one of her books that/one book of hers that
9. when it last rained
10. the person who