Saturday, 30 November 2013
Speakout Advanced p 61. Phrasal Verbs Exercise 5
1. The worst of the exams is _________ now, we can relax.
2. I am up ______________ a difficult problem.
3. The black plague has broken ____________ in America again.
4. The hippies brought _______ a new way of dressing.
5. He’s very rich. He came ____________ a lot of money when his father died.
6. I put my shirt in the washing machine and the stains came ________
7. The increase in student grants came _______ at the meeting today
8. These examinations are getting me _________. I will never pass.
9. How is Mrs Brown getting ________? She had a very nasty operation.
10. Teenagers generally get ________ their parents when they want a new laptop.
1. Over. Be over: Finished
2. Against. Be up against: Confronted by
3. Out. Break out: Begin of unpleasant things.
4. In. Bring in: Introduce
5. Into. Come into: inherit
6. Out. Come out: fade. Disappear
7. Up. Come up: arise, be mentioned.
8. Down. Get down: depress
9. On. Get on: Make progress
10. Round. Get round: persuade