1. A: What is the _______ of the Big Ben? (HIGH)
B: I am not sure but perhaps it is more than fifty meters.
2. My grandparents have great experience and life _______. (WISE)
3. Don’t go there if you are _______ of mice. There are thousands of mice there. (FEAR)
4. Don’t be too _______ of her decision. She hates it! (CRITICISE)
5. My boyfriend is a very _______ person. He will never give up and keep on fighting to win. (PERSIST)
6. The ______ of all flights was due to the bad weather. (CANCEL)
7. Joe has great _______ in himself. That is why he never gives up easily.(CONFIDE)
8. Out of our sheer _______, we started making up silly stories. (BORING)
9. She is just an _______ of mine. I don’t know her well. (ACQUAINT)
10. It has been snowing all night so there is a great ______ that all tomorrow’s flights will be cancelled. (LIKE)
11. You may use this computer and this mobile phone whenever you want. They are at your _______. (DISPOSE)
12. The negotiations have proven more _______ than any of us expected.(TROUBLE)
13. Marlene Dietrich was _______ through her roles in films like 'The Blue Angel'.(MORTAL)
14. He was _______ in 1965 for attempted murder.(PRISON)
15. He is my _______. He owes me 1000$. (DEBT)
16. I can't get the _______car to start! (BLOOD)
17. He stopped at a bar for a little _______.(FRESH)
18. Although they said nothing, she could sense their _______ of her suggestion. (APPROVE)
19. I love spending time in _______ regions. (MOUNTAIN)
20. It was _______ not to phone and say you'd be late. (THINK)
21. Because many of the elderly were _______________, they decided to close the home(NOURISH). Some of them even died of ______________(NUTRITION).
Sheer: 1[only before noun] used to emphasize the size, degree or amount of sth: e.g. The area is under threat from the sheer number of tourists using it. We were impressed by the sheer size of the cathedral.2[only before noun] complete and not mixed with anything else SYN utter: e.g. The concert was sheer delight. I only agreed out of sheer desperation.