Speakout Advanced p 85. Health. Extra Key Word Transformations

1. Minerva Pharmaceuticals is currently performing tests on a range of new products.
CARRYING 
Minerva Pharmaceuticals is currently______________  on a range of new products.
2. A final compulsory examination will also be arranged for the fourth week.
SET
A final compulsory examination will also  ______________ for the fourth week.
3. I promised myself I'd book an appointment with my GP but I never found the time to do it.
ROUND
I promised myself I'd book an appointment but I never ____________________ it.
4. I was a little surprised at first - it is certainly not massage as we know it.
TAKEN
I was a little _________________ first - it is certainly not massage as we know it.
5. As the treatments went on, the headaches began to become less intense.
EASE
As the treatments went on, the headaches began ___________________.
6. I don't know if this can necessarily be attributed to the treatment.
DOWN
I don't know if this can necessarily _____________ the treatment.
 
 
 

 
 
 


KEY
1. carrying out tests



2. be set up
set up to arrange for something to happen. E.g. I've set up a meeting for Friday.



3.  got round to
get round/around to something to find the time to do something. E.g. I meant to do the ironing but I didn't get round to it. Get round/ around to doing something I hope to get around to answering your letter next week.



4. taken aback at 
be taken aback (by somebody/something) to be shocked or surprised by somebody/ something. E.g. She was completely taken aback by his anger.



5. to ease off 
ease off/ ease off something to become or make something become less strong, unpleasant, etc. E.g. We waited until the traffic had eased off. Ease off the training a few days before the race.



6. be put down to
put something down to something to consider that something is caused by something. Attribute. E.g. What do you put her success down to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.