Open World p 20. Gerund or Infinitive. Extra Grammar Exercise 5

Complete the sentences with an appropriate verb form so that they are true for you.
1. I keep forgetting...
2. I am getting used ....
3. I have no intention...
4. It was my intention...
5. I wish I had the power...
6. I often have difficulty...
7. I really should make more effort...
8. My _______ (family member) has a tendency...
9. I don't regret my decision.....
10. This year I am planning to make an attempt...
11. When I was a child I was made...
12. I would never let my children...
13. I'd sooner...
14. There's little point...
15. It's no good...

16. I am committed to...

KEY
1. I keep forgetting...to do sth (after forgetting)/ doing sth (before forgetting)



2. I am getting used ....to doing sth



3. I have no intention...of doing sth



4. It was my intention...to do sth



5. I wish I had the power...to do sth



6. I often have difficulty...(in) doing sth.



7. I really should make more effort...to do sth



8. My _______ (family member) has a tendency...to do sth



9. I don't regret my decision..... to do sth.



10. This year I am planning to make an attempt...to do sth




11. When I was a child I was made...to do sth



12. I would never let my children...do sth.



13. I'd sooner... do sth.



14. There's little point...(in) doing sth. (little purpose in doing sth. E.g. There's no point continuing your piano lessons, if your heart is not in it. There's no point in getting angry. There is no point in locking the barn door now that the horse has been stolen. There's no point in crying over spilled milk.)



15. It's no good...doing sth (it is not useful, it has no useful effect. E.g. It's no good trying to talk me out of leaving.)

16. I am committed to ...doing sth (willing to work hard and give your time and energy to something; believing strongly in something. E.g. Residents are very committed to solving their neighborhood's problems. I am committed to working harder this academic year) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.