Put the correct form of the verb in brackets, either gerund or infinitive, in each of the spaces in these sentences.
1.I couldn’t resist _______________ (go) to see that new exhibition at the National Gallery.
2.Please forgive my _______________ (mention) it, but I think you are sitting on my hat.
3.I refuse _______________ (accept) the idea of selling that painting, it’s been in my family for generations.
4.I’ve heard that Tom intends _______________ (invest) in 1980s furniture which is becoming very collectable.
5.I was completely shocked _______________ (learn) that my old vase was quite valuable.
6.Do you think it’s worth _______________ (travel) all the way to Paris to see the Cézanne exhibition?
7.What the designer forgot _______________ (mention) was the price she wants for the commission.
8.I have arranged for you _______________ (borrow) that art book rather than have the expense of _______________ (buy) it.
9.Would you mind _______________ (tidy) up your room a bit before you go out, please?
10. I can’t face _______________ (listen) to another hour of this concert, I’m going home!
11. I can’t be bothered _______________ (catch) the bus, let’s take a taxi.
12. Should you happen _______________ (see) Phil, could you tell him I’m looking for him?
13. I’m inclined _______________ (agree) with my father, who has no time for Picasso.
14. I resent your _______________ (suggest) that my work is not original.
15. Has Molly considered _______________ (visit) the Prado while she’s in Madrid?
16. Like many artists, Joshua cannot tolerate people _______________ (criticise) his work.
17. Is Gail counting on _______________ (get) a grant when she goes to art school?
18. Jason often pretends _______________ (be) unemployed, but actually he’s a graphic designer.
19. Don’t attempt _______________ (take) that picture out of its frame, you might damage it.
20. Alison generally appreciates _______________ (be) told when her work is not up to standard.
3. to accept
4. to invest/ investing
5. to learn
7. to mention
8. to borrow
11. to catch
12. to see
13. to agree
18. to be
19. to take