ADJECTIVES OF PERSONALITY
Fill in the gaps with the words given below. Only use each word once.
selfish bad-tempered tough crafty sensitive
sensible strict trustworthy dull shy
mean reliable stubborn silly nice
cheerful sympathetic clumsy loyal gentle
1. Janet is incredibly_____________ . She always arrives on time and does
her job well.
2. It’s impossible to say anything to his grandmother. One word and she starts crying. She is so ________________.
3. I wonder why he is so ________________ . He has got lots of money but he
hates spending it.
4. When she was a child, her parents were incredibly _____________ .
Whenever she did the smallest thing wrong, they would send her to bed.
5. Ann is such a_________________ girl. She is always laughing and smiling.
6. I’ll give you a lift home if you are______________________ to me.
7. She was so _______________ and understanding. When I told her about my
problems, I immediately felt better afterwards.
8. In westerns, the hero is always __________________ . He always beats his
enemies and can put up with any hardship.
9. That’s the second plate you’ve broken this week. Why do you have to be so ________________?
10. I think he is an extremely ______________ boy. He laughs at stupid
things and never concentrates in class.
11. Children are often really _____________ . They hide behind their
mothers when guests come.
12. Don’t be __________________ Cathy. You’ve got to learn to share things
with other children.
13. She is 100% ___________________ . I’d leave my money, car, anything, for her
to look after.
14. When I broke my leg, the nurse was so_________________ that she hardly
hurt me at all.
15. Why do you get angry all the time? You are so_______________ .
16. Bob is my best friend. He remained ___________________ through all my problems.
17. He is such a ______________ person with his boring little job and his
boring little wife.
18. He is terribly _______________ . Once he has made up his mind, it’s
impossible to get him to change it even if it’s obvious that he is wrong.
19. The general was really ______________ . Just when the enemy thought it had won the battle, he played his best card.
20. Come on, Maria! You can’t go on a country walk wearing high heels. Do be ________________ for once.
You can find all the posts on the topic of 01 Personal Identification and Experiences here