- Creature comforts: all the things that make life, or a particular place, comfortable, such as good food, comfortable furniture or modern equipment.
- Mod Cons: the things in a house or flat / apartment that make living there easier and more comfortable
- Amenity: a feature that makes a place pleasant, comfortable or easy to live in:
The campsite is close to all local amenities. Many of the houses lacked even basic amenities (= for example, baths, showers, hot water).
- Convenience: something that is useful and can make things easier or quicker to do, or more comfortable:
It was a great convenience to have the school so near. The house had all the modern conveniences (= central heating, etc.) that were unusual at that time
- Commodity: (artículo, material prima): a product or a raw material that can be bought and sold:
rice, flour and other basic commodities. a drop in commodity prices. Crude oil is the world’s most important commodity.
- Pamper: (mimar) to take care of sb very well and make them feel as comfortable as possible
Pamper yourself with our new range of beauty treatments. a spoilt and pampered child
- Spoilt brat: a person, especially a child, who behaves badly:
a spoiled / spoilt brat
- Nurture: (criar) o care for and protect sb/sth while they are growing and developing:
These delicate plants need careful nurturing. children nurtured by loving parents
- snuggle (up to sb/sth): (acurrucar) to get into, or to put sb/sth into, a warm comfortable position, especially close to sb:
The child snuggled up to her mother.
- Sow: [saʊ] a female pig
- Boar: a male pig that has not been castrated
- Hog: a male pig that has been castrated (= had part of its sex organs removed) and is kept for its meat.
- suckling pig: a young pig still taking milk from its mother, that is cooked and eaten.
- Sow: [səʊ]: (sembrar) to plant or spread seeds in or on the ground
- Saw: [sierra] a tool that has a long blade with sharp points used for cutting wood or metal.
- Sew: [səʊ]: (coser) to use a needle and thread to make stitches in cloth:
My mother taught me how to sew. to sew by hand / machine.
- Crush: (aplastar) to press or squeeze sth so hard that it is damaged or injured, or loses its shape:
The car was completely crushed under the truck
- Tackle: (afrontar) to make a determined effort to deal with a difficult problem or situation:
The government is determined to tackle inflation.
- Porcine: [ˈpɔːsaɪn]
- Towards: [təˈwɔːdz]
- Infrared: [ˌɪnfrəˈred]
- Approach: (enfoque) a way of dealing with sb/sth; a way of doing or thinking about sth such as a problem or a task:
The school has decided to adopt a different approach to discipline. She took the wrong approach in her dealings with them.
- Pen: (corral) a small piece of land surrounded by a fence in which farm animals are kept:
a sheep pen
- Scheme: (proyecto) a plan or system for doing or organizing sth: a local scheme for recycling newspapers.
- Lesion:[ˈliːʒ ən]